Ontario Traffic Ticket/Offence for
Failing To Remain at the Scene of an Accident
There are different sections to the Fail to Remain section of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA):
Section: 199 HTA
$110 fine, 3 points
Section 200 HTA
No Set Fine, 7 points
The judge can set any fine
Section 201 HTA
$110 fine and 0 points
The penalty for this is up to the Judge as it is a Criminal Code charge.
What do I get in my Information Package?
- Options for you including plea options with lower fines and zero points which may keep your insurance rates from going up
- A Facts Sheet to assist you in recording the details of your ticket (time, date, location of your accident, etc.)
- Officer's testimony for your charge if you have a trial and how you can fight back
- Questions you can ask the Officer during a trial
- Detailed explanation of your charge, the fine you have to pay and the points on your licence
- An in depth explanation of the court and trial process
- How to get a copy of an accident report for your trial
- Detailed explanation of a ticket and when to set a court date
Emailed to you instantly!
» Return to traffic offences page